We recently implemented business process modeling systems for one of the largest providers of innovative, value creating plastics solutions in U.A.E. To continuously stay ahead of the curve, they take very seriously the quality and continuous improvement of their business functions and processes.
Our client had been documenting business processes separately for each of their business functions across their organization. This had resulted in more than 30 verbose business process description documents often with non-standard modeling notations. Various challenges had emanated from this approach including:
- Misunderstandings about how the business process worked due to use of non-standard modeling notations.
- Misalignment in what was being documented and what was being performed by business and IT due to an inability to effectively control quality of such verbose business process description documents.
- Cumbersome exercise to maintain business process description documents due to the absence of an easy to use modeling tool, and modeling know-how.
- Difficult to locate business process description document for a business function due to absence of a single unified view that enabled easy browsing of business processes.
They had sought to overcome these challenges and achieve higher levels of organizational process maturity.
To overcome these challenges, we implemented a powerful enterprise-grade Business Process Modeling (BPM) tool, ARIS, that enabled creation of well-documented business processes, facilitated adoption of modeling standards across the organization, and maximized visibility of their business processes. As part of the implementation, we migrated their organization’s existing 300 or more business processes. This migration was achieved by first analyzing and standardizing business process hierarchy using industry accepted best practices, and subsequently migrating the business processes in ARIS using standard modeling notations such as VACD, BPMN, and EPC. Additionally, high-quality reports including navigable business process reports were automatically published to their organization’s internal SharePoint portal accessible by all employees, which served to democratize business process information to every employee. This solution laid the foundation for our client to overcome the challenges they had faced, and embark on a journey of continuous process improvement.
There were many benefits that this innovative provider of plastics solution realized after the implementation of business process modeling systems. Noteworthy benefits included:
- Increased process agility as it became much easier to maintain and continuously improve business processes.
- Enhanced quality as the tool enabled increased stakeholder participation for improving business processes, and implementing better process governance practices.
- Achieved higher business transparency as all business processes were documented using standard modeling notations. Also, ARIS provided a single unified view of all business processes that could be easily navigated.
- Linked KPIs on their corporate balanced scorecard with each business process. This paved the way for a metric-driven approach to future process improvement.
- Automated the creation of high quality reports that were previously created manually. This resulted in tremendous time savings for their business process specialists by eliminating the tedious task of maintaining verbose business process description documents. Instead, the process specialists could now focus on making the business processes more efficient.
These are among the key benefits this organization realized after adopting business process modeling systems. For a more detailed understanding of how your organization may also benefit from implementation of business process modeling systems, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.