Inefficient processes hamstring companies in many different business sectors. For some, dated IT systems that require constant manual entry and programs that hide accountability and responsibility can be a hindrance. In other situations, companies can have difficulty bringing the pace of process development up to the speed of a changing business environment. The inability to create new applications that improve corporate responsiveness and agility can be an important market differentiator and leave forward-thinking companies trailing. Business process management software can help organizations align their IT and business units to improve efficiency and deliver strong ROI.
To see if you might benefit from BPM software, think about these questions.
- Is your company stuck dealing with a number of legacy applications that don’t connect?
- Can you tell who or what is impeding your processes?
- Is it difficult to tell who is responsible for what assignments?
- Do users on-the-go have trouble keeping track of critical business processes?
- Do your processes and applications simply follow the status quo?
- With IT consumerization expanding, is your company taking full advantage of employee mobility?
These problems are a sign that your company has processes that simply don’t work as well as they could. BPM software helps companies create value across the business by reducing manual entry, improving processing times and making companies more responsive. That improves customer satisfaction, drives innovation and business growth and can reduce risk. Another important aspect of BPM platforms is having them available as either an on-premise or cloud offering. The flexibility of being able to move between them – as needed – maximizes usability with lower costs. Businesses that embrace BPM can become more agile and see increased profitability through decreased costs and increased revenue. The ability to make quick changes can give companies a competitive advantage and help them become leaders in their space.
*Sources and References: